Adjusting Anti skate on a Music Hall MMF-7

After being away from analog for years (sold my table years ago, but kept all my vinyl), I decided to try it again. I purchased a used Music Hall MMF-7, plugged it in, and fell in love all over again. What took me so long? Man, does this thing sound good!!
OK, now for the question. How do I know if the anti-skating is set properly?
In advance, thanks for your advise.
louisl
I'm not familiar with your table, but I would set anti-skate close to the tracking force number(unless your cartridge specifies something else-like some Sumiko moving coils). I would then make infinitesimal changes in either direction-until you hear what anti-skate does. I would not use anti-skate settings for stereo imaging, or anything else(too many variables). Generally, if the record sounds best in the inner grooves, you have too much anti-skate.
The Music Hall line of turntables uses the Pro-Ject tone arm(s) system of three simple notches to adjust anti-skate. I've considered adding intermediate notches for fine-tuning anti-skate but after numerous 'experiments' I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth finessing, at least with the mmf-2.1 and mmf-7 turntables.

The Pro-Ject 9 arm tracks quite well and distortion whle playing the inner portion of the groove is not something I notice unless the LP has been damaged. Set the anti-skate on the center notch and forget it. If your cartridge is set up properly and is functioning properly the "middle of the road" setting for anti-skate works just fine.

Tom

I'm setting up one of their MMF 5.1 model turntables and I can't tell but I think the fishing line on the anti skating weight may be shorter than it should be based on photos of other setups.

Does that pose a problem?  Maybe I need to experiment with different positions on the three position selection?  

It does seem likely to skate a bit on some LPs.