add Benchmark DAC-1 to Sony 400 cd jukebox???

I have read great things about the Benchmark DAC-1. Is the transport in the Sony CDP CX455 jukebox-type carousel 400-CD player good enough to add the DAC-1, or would I be wasting my time/money? Thanks for your feedback.
dpolmann
Unfortunately, I have found that the Sony Jukeboxes can make superb players, but only average transports, even when modded.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Manufacturer
Steve N, does that include the mod you did on the Sony 777es jukebox? I thought that one came out great, and I just referred you a customer this past week, and was hoping the results were great, cause I have an older CX875P which really sucks, and was hoping the 777ES would replace it for party player. Please let me know.

Smilin
I think the best way to have juke boxes, is to store the music on computers. You can rip all ur audio CDs onto the PC hard drive, lossless (full CD quality).

Also check out the Hard drive based digital juke box component from wurlitzer. The DAC1 can be used with this too.
http://www.gibsonaudio.com/specs.htm
I have a PT P-3A ModWright L2 DAC being fed by a 300 disc Sony CDP-CX555ES and it's really good. Much better that the stock player. With the de-jitter capabilities of the Benchmark you should be in good shape.

So, try it. I don't think that you'll be dissapointed but, if you are you'll be able to easily unload the equipment.
711smilin wrote:
"Steve N, does that include the mod you did on the Sony 777es jukebox? I thought that one came out great, and I just referred you a customer this past week, and was hoping the results were great"

It does turn-out superb as a player, but only average as a Transport.

Steve N.