Acoustic Zen Adagio vs. Harbeth S-HL5

Can anyone give me some insight into these speakers? The Harbeths are about $1500 more so I would like to know if they are worth the extra money.
128x128podolaw
I agree, the Harbeth SHL5 is not particularly fussy to sound good. For me they worked best with SS amps (Audiosector Patek 40w/ch) and solid core speaker cables (DNM Reson cables). Like most speakers they do need some care with choice of stands and room positioning for a well balanced bass response. But once dialed in, they offer a very pleasing (non-clinical) sound in either a medium or large room. The construction of the speaker and its veneer finish are excellent.

Lplayer,

I assume the question is for me,but I do not understand it.

kindly elaborate andI would be happy to answer..;)
Lplayer,

I have a Kharma 3.2 in my referance system,and if you have listened to a Kharma before,you will realize that all Kharma has certain characteristic;Transparency like crystals ,details like a microscope and a soundstage that is wide and high that goes all the way to heavens.....

with this in mind ,I found the stock Adagio to be very far behind fr the Kharma and it boils down to its Archilles heel;poor resonance control.In short,If you need to get the Adagio singing control its resonance .These were the things I Did:

1.Changing the stock spikes to the Finite Elemente Cerabase- it make a Huge Difference!!!the biggest difference no doubt.. Every adagio owner should do this IMO.

2.Putting the speakers on Finite Elemente Pagode MR platforms.

3.Using huge amount of Acoustic Revive and Audio Replas Crystals at where the screws are{the screws are quite poor quality SS not Brass and they have a lot of ringing IMO] .....and at different places on the cabinets.This add to the transparency...

I also found that the speaker connectors are of very poor quality and changed that to the WBT top of the line connectors...

there are a few other things that I did that I feel add on to the performance......Feel free to e-mail me if you need more info