Accuphase vs Marantz cdp

Hi -

I am in the provess of deciding my next step to upgrade my current CDP (accuphase DP55) - I am in willing to invest up to $3KUSD.

Some say the Marantz line are worth to consider (I just need red book capacbilities) and some others recommend me going back to Wadia.

I will greatly appreciate your comments/suggestions, please check my system as for compatibility issues, my tastes go for 50% Jazz, 30% pop+alternative, 20% ensambles/classical.

Regards,

Fernando
128x128flg2001

Showing 4 responses by flg2001

T bone - I understand that Mac based music is still not at the same level of reproduction quality compared to standard formats, I have a couple of friends here using Squezzebox (modified) and - as convenient as it goes - it is not there yet. I am sure that is our future, b ut not right now IMHO, what do you think?
Mikeadan - Thanks - I have heard great things of Ayre, it is in my shortlist!

Fernando
T bone - I fully agree with your comments, experimenting in that area (Mac music server bank)(at least in their early steps) is not expensive and could be rewarding, thanks for your comments.

Jaybo - Yes, the DP55 is a fine player, and that is why I am reluctant to spend five times more and just get marginal results (if lucky). oohh this upgrade bug!!!