Accuphase e-450 or E-560?

Hi, I am mulling over which of these integrated amps would sound best in my set up. I have Marten Coltrane Alto speakers (87db, 200 watts@6ohms) & my source components are: Ayon CD5 & Accuphase T-1000. Cables are Acoustic Revive & Siltech reference level. I currently own a Classe Cap-2100 integrated amp which is smooth, clean, fast & has good bandwidth, but I feel lacks a little power, musicality and warmth.

I have narrowed my choice down to an Accuphase integrated as the Accuphase has the right sound for my Marten speakers & I love the look of their gear. I have heard one member describe the older E-550 as "boring and lifeless/linear so i'd appreciate any comments from anyone who has a-b tested these two models.
melbguy1

Showing 1 response by melbguy1

Thanks Nolitan for your comments. I'm impressed as i quite like the Classe house sound. I generally agree with your comment about class a amps, although it would be helpful to hear from any members who can describe the difference in sound between these two amps & comment if the E-560 has sufficient power to drive the Martens (which are inefficient at 87db) with "room to spare". Cheers.