Absorbtion?

Does glass reflect or absorb, i forget? and will extra thick padding and extra thick upgrade carpet absorb too much high freq. My system is forgiving uptop by nature. Want to open topend if possible. Already using silver. Classe Aerial 10t equiptment. Room 12x19.6x8, Cardas placement. Any suggestions besides changing Classe pre and amp or a new house? Thanks in advance! Almost forgot to mention the room is the dreaded L Word (shape). This is Bad. Thanks
mikec
Glass reflects. The carpeting and padding will dampen reflections, but it's impossible for another person to tell you if it's excessive in your system without hearing it. Best to compare your sound with what you hear in a friend's or dealer's system to decide if it's too much. Where you might get into overdampening is if you have heavy curtains or Persian rugs hanging on walls in addition to heavy carpeting and overstuffed furniture. I would think that the carpeting and furniture alone probably wouldn't pose too much of a problem if any.
Thanks Macm, i did go back to the dealer (yesterday) to have a listen to another pair of 10Ts. Big difference on top. The dealer demo's seemed ear bleeding to me compared to my 10Ts (both new version) in my room. The dealers room is heavely treated with thin carpet on a concrete slab (I'm on wood). I use a Classe pre, transp and ca300 amp w/silver ic & dig, MIT mid level spk cable. the dealer was using an AR pre, CDP and Pass 350 amp w/mid level MIT. I do have overstuffed leather couch, also have throw rug over carpet in front of speakers. Nothing wrong with the tweeter (its working and clear, just ROLLED OFF). Can my bad odd shaped room cause this? The L is 2 equal points! Anyone ever place the 10Ts on the Long Wall? This is a big job to place on Long wall, just to try! Dealer is trying to talk me into, like 4k worth of treatment. I told him thanks but i'll build my own if need be!
A friend of mine was also battling his L-shaped living/listening room. Currently he is putting his system in the corner diagonally toward the other corner of the L with good results. Maybe you can give that a try if space permits. Another possibility is getting a screen or some sort of room divider to corner off your listening area, again, if space permits.
BTW, play with different cables if you can. I have MIT cables myself and they are a bit on the warm side, which is great for my otherwise over-bright system, but maybe a little too warm for systems with more neutral-sounding equipments.

Good luck and happy Listening.
Something is suspicious here as the Cardas placement's whole goal in life is to reduce the effect of the room on the sound.

Perhaps you are too far off-axis. You might try some toe-in and see what happens.

Also, some speakers work well in a 'nearfield' setup and some don't. I don't know about your speakers specifically but you might look for some opinions there. How far away from the speakers do you sit in the dealer's setup?

HTH.
While this may be heresy to some, I've found that a slightly asymmetric setup works best in an L-shaped room. The end result is based on a LOT of listening, as well as a great deal of computer simulation analysis.

In my case the right speaker (the one near a side wall) is a few inches forward of the left one. The speakers are also positioned so that the inside corner of the "L" is near the point of first reflection of the left speaker to help balance the overall presentation.

Now someone will tell me how horrible a sound this must create and burst my bubble. And after all that analysis...