Aavik integrated amps … old vs new

I’m finally going to an all Borrensen designed system. I have Raidho D 1.1 speakers, Ansuz power cables and interconnects, Aavik mainz8 diamond power conditioner. Now it’s time for an integrated to finish the system.

Here are the choices:

* Aavik  U-300 with DAC & Phono … retail $30,000, I can acquire for $9,300. Older model. I would use the DAC, but not the phono. 

*Aavik U-150 with DAC ……. Retail $20,000, I can acquire for $7000. Newer than U-300 and has a DAC. 

* Aavik I-280, NO DAC ….. Retail $15,00, I can acquire for $6800. Current model but no DAC (which I would like)

My dilemma is whether to go with the older more expensive components or the newer, cheaper models.

I would love the hear from members who personally have heard/auditioned at least two (if not, all 3) of the above.

Note … as expected, I CANNOT audition them in advance, that’s why I’m asking for input on the 3 integrateds. Also, I DO NOT want recommendations on any other integrated except the 3 Aavik’s listed above.

Thank you,

Dave

naperaudio

Dave, I have the i-180 and d-180 I was told by one of the top dealers of Aavik that the new series is superior to the u versions. I also have the s-180 streamer that is also a top level streamer. Hope that helps a little

Are any of these dealer demos that have full warranty?  I’m sorry I have no experience with Aavik, as you requested, but I do have experience in trying to get repairs on equipment made overseas without a US repair center. It is not a pleasant experience. Good luck.