Aaaugh Please recommend a DVD player

Feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Time to upgrade my year 2000 Panasonic DVD-RV31 and I know very little about DVD players. Now that I am looking, I feel even more lost with all the brands and models out now.
Why upgrade? The Panasonic is pretty weak when playing music. Hardly any bass and it has a very closed in sound.

This is what I am looking for…
Under 500.00 used
I would like for to include SACD
Not sure if this is standard still but I want both analog and digital connections.
75% music 25% Movies

Thanks in advance all you audiophile junkies
jer
The remote on the 963SA is a bit funky. You have to aim it directly at the unit and press the buttons rather hard etc.. no real tactile feedback. I prefer Sony remotes myself. However, as a transport it is showing real promise. Even without Superclock2, it has very low jitter and the fastest risetime I have ever seen in a transport, at least after the digital mods. The stock performance of the analog outs is a bit tinny and confused, typical of stock components.
I have philips 963 purchased for 236.00$ from One call.The video is fine.The audio is O>K
I wish to get it modified.
Budget not more than 350 $. Who moadifies them?
Any easy to do mods with out soldering?(power cords damping etc.
thanks for any suggestions
vrs
It will take more than power cords and damping to make the 963SA sing. You might be able to get power-supply upgrades for $350, but it needs a lot more - new op-amps, power delivery improvements, coupling cap improvements, DAC filter improvements and on and on.....