A reasonably priced CD player with volume control

I'd like to connect a CD player directly, without a preamp, to my Carver power amp to drive Magnepan speakers. Hence a convenient way of controlling the volume would be a must. I listen almost exclusively to classical music, mainly orchestral and piano. Suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
tabibzadehk
I have used both the Theta Miles and Resolution Audio players directly into power amps in balanced mode to good effect. Have tried preamps in the mix and they never stay in the chain. Look for a player with an analog volume control. Digital drops bits as volume decreases I think.
The AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 and earlier versions of the Ah! players are based on Marantz mechanisms and have remote control.
Thank you for your advice. Which NAD player(s) did you have in mind? Of the few NAD players I have researched none have volume control.
Any of the 6922/6DJ8 tube output Dynaco machines are a decent choice.

You could argue they being long in the tooth, but occasionally, you'll come across one NIB. Also, despite their age, I find these Japanese manufactured machines hold up far, far better than Chinese players of more recent vintage.