A question about the logic of interconnect cables

This question has always been with me...without a satisfactory answer to date.

Why do we not use the same internal wire ( for interconnects) that manufacturers use which feeds their outputs or inputs internal to their product?? It would seem to me that this wire's quality (regardless of what we use eternally) is a limiting factor in the first place

Example..I have an ARC Tube Preamp and ARC tube amps...why do I need "special " interconnects when in fact, the wire used to feed the output of my XLR preamp output is the same identical wire beyond the xlr input of my amps?

I would appreciate some logic here.....Thanks
128x128jafo100

Showing 3 responses by jafo100

To Markphd

Thanks for your response.. Your point about about some high end Mfgs not believing you need any special wire speaks volumes to my point. I have often felt that there should be some some scientific evidence of the benefit of one cable over another.

If one cable sounds different than another..WHY?? or are we in a big time PLACEBO effect here?? Not seeing any reportable documentation on HZ or db differences ( or any other measurements)by any of the high end cable guys suggests to me that the entire market has a credibility problem. Extravagant claims prevail in every magazine I have read.

I have tried Valhalla, NBS and MIT products and in my opinion, NBS sounded better...but this is after I went down the Valhalla expense path.
Thanks all for your feedback.....one thing I have done is when I go to Hi End Shows like the CES in Las Vegas, I make note of major mfgs like ARC, Magnepan, Krell, Conrad Johnson etc. to note what power cords they use....after all, they are showcasing their products to the media , their immediate retail customers etc....they seem to use their supplied products...nothing else.

But when it came to interconnects, there was no definitive favorite other than ARC claimed they used their own.

Speaker cables, with biamped Maggie 20.1s were noted to use Valhalla one day and MIT the next....hmmmm.
Thanks for the info...and I don't mean to belabor the point BUT..if all what is true above and RCA plugs. XLR connectors do affect the signal ..then why are we not soldering our cables board to board?