A nightmare regarding streaming?

Greetings,

Many of us stream daily and have many cherished playlists. I happen to use Qobuz and have lost more than one playlist. No clue as to why. Qobuz has no idea either.  Perhaps something in the cloud? Is it possible to back up all your playlists just in case there is a meltdown?

lovehifi22

Cloud services providers usually backup in at least duplicate.  Sometimes triplicate.  I bet they can restore it unless they just don't.

I got into streaming precisely because it enables the use of playlists, as well as discovering new artists.  I have what most folks here would consider two entry-level systems that each use a Bluesound Node to stream files from Tidal or an attached USB drive.  

I am currently looking to upgrade to something like a Cambridge unit in order to move away from Bluesound; it may be relatively easy to use, but it has been problematic for me.  System updates have in the past caused me to lose several playlists I had originally created in iTunes years (decades?) earlier that contained content strictly from my 3,000 or so ripped CDs.  Like a few folks here have mentioned, these playlists were not just long, they had dozens, if not hundreds of tracks, they play for hours and evolved over a long time.  

I believe at the time Bluesound support was inundated with help requests due to a major overhaul of their OS, so this process took months and months just to restore my lost playlists, although not all of them returned.  And it was only because I was persistent in my effort hounding the support team that I got any sort of result.  They did not seem to appreciate or care that this loss was substantial and represented hours of time on my part.  It has also reinforced my appreciation of physical media.  I’m not getting rid of my LPs or CDs anytime soon.  

Any recommendations I give now regarding the Node as a component or Bluesound as a tool come with the caveat that they are strictly entry-level, enabling you to try streaming without a major investment.  They are buggy and quirky and a poor choice for a serious music aficionado. As in so much with our hobby, you get what you pay for.  

The Bluesound system and the couple of Nodes that I have owned have caused more issues and grief than all the other audio components I have ever owned, combined.  I’m very pleased to learn from you all that there might be some third party apps that could save my cache of playlists when I eventually ditch Bluesound.  Watch this space for a good deal on a pair of used Nodes.  

Getting a system to sound good is sufficiently challenging for me, without adding in the headache of worrying about whether I can even access the music I want to listen to!  You guys have a far greater appetite for messing around with gear than I'll ever have. I'm content to remain an unapologetic "caveman" and confine myself to physical disc's.