A good cd transport for my Chord HugoTT2 DAC with Chord M-Scaler

I recently acquired a Luxman L-595A integrated amp and moved my trusty L-509u to my second system along with my Simaudio Moon 260d cd transport.  I need a new cd transport (or player used as a transport) to go with my Chord Hugo TT2 DAC and Chord M-Scaler.

I was considering the PS Audio SACD transport, but most of my CDs are Red Book  and I own a very small number of SACDs.  

I love the build quality of Luxman products.  Would it be crazy to use a Luxman D-03x CDP as a transport?  It is about 2/3 of the price of the PS Audio SACD transport.

toronto416

As a fellow Torontonian at least we have Esoteric and Accuphase dealers amongst quite a few other high end options to audition and chose from in our own back yard. I have a knack for investing heavily out dated technologies but restrained myself recently and decided not to invest in replacing my 20 year old pioneer elite CD player that is still going strong…spent the funds on streaming and have no regrets.

Pro-ject also have a well regarded player RS2 often compared to Jays that may be worth looking into.

ProJect has had significant reliability issues that are worth considering.

Why not look at the Rotel RCD-1572MKII I own 3 of the RCD-1572 originals + a Sim Audio Moon 360D and the newer model 1572MKII is even better or if money is not that big of a concern you can try the new Rotel Diamond Series DT-6000 CD Transport.$2299.99 vs the Rotel RCD-1572 at $1199.99

I've owned Rotel,Vincent, Cambridge CXC,and at present a Jays Audio. The Jays was a huge upgrade in SQ.Huge.I was considering the Audiolab until I saw a used Jays at a good price and took a chance.I thought the CXC was good enough but when the drawer began to malfunction it was time to try something new.One of those cases where the hype is true.