A/B Comparison On A Pair Of Moderately Priced Streamers

Based strictly on signal quality and what makes your ears happy ( I don't care about storage for sake of question).......Would anyone make the argument that an Innuos Zen mini is an upgrade over an N100?

scottya118

Showing 1 response by psnyder149

I have owned/own Aurender, Innuos ZenMini, and Nucleus+.  Aurender sounds very good for the money "out of the box".  ZenMini and Nucleus both must have external Linear Power Supplies added but then both of them sound excellent.  All 3 in this configuration offer excellent sound and value for the money.  

My issue with the Aurender are the limits of the Conductor app.  Backup and editing of Meta data are challenging at best as well as integration with external NAS.  The Aurender Sense App is similar in functionality to the Conductor app but backup and Meta data editing are a breeze as is integration with external NAS or additional hardrives.  

I find Roon to be exceptional and best setup uses a Nucleus(or Nucleus +) as the "core" with an internal SSD hard-drive feeding Innuos as a Roon endpoint.  In fact Innuos has released a line of streamers (Pulse) setup for this specific configuration and though I have not yet auditioned the Pulse, I expect that it will excel as the rest of the Innuos line.

I have not yet updated my network switch but others I respect have found this is critical to getting the best out of any of these systems.  

Solely because of the integration with Roon, external play, editing and backup considerations, I would highly recommend ZenMini. It is a bonus that you can add the LPSU separately to break up the cost.

Good luck!