802D vs 800D vs 803D in Small room with open plan?

I've noticed B&W 800D's and B&W 802D's aren't all the different in used prices (2000ish). Is it worth going with the 800D's over the 802D's over the 803D's considering my room in feet is 15x17x10 with with an open kitchen, dinning room, entry and breakfast nook attached. Kitchen is 8 ft ish by 15ft ish and dinning room is 15ish ft by 10ft. Nook 10 x 9. All have or 11 ft ceilings. Maybe ASCII art will help. The area show is all open to each other. Speakers would be in the living room. I'am also guessing the size because it has been a long long time since I've measured or seen the floor plans

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
--------------------
|w
|i 15x10
|n entry
|d Dinning room |
|o |
|w Half Wall ___ |___
-------------- | |
| 2.5ft tall | |
| 4 | |
| f | |
| t | Kitchen |
| Living Rm | |
| 15x17 W | 8x 15 |
| a | |
| l | |
| l | |
| | |
| | |
| |____ ____|
|
|
|____________
window | |
| |
d | |
o | 10ft x9ft |
o | |
r | Nook |
| |
| |
|______________|
window
mstang1988

Showing 4 responses by mstang1988

Can anybody compare the 800D's vs the 802D's? Is there a huge difference? Are they worth the extra $$? I know they need power, I plan to take care of that with some JC1's or keep my RB-1091 mono's. They both drive heavy loads pretty well.
Thanks for all the thoughts. I saw a pair of used 8000D's on here for 10K but they were snatched up within a day. Mostly likely I'll be waiting for a while before I get to upgrade (cost wise) and I plan on upgrading the front end first. A pair of used JC1's paired with a parasound C1/C2/New HDMI 1.3 pre/pro. Right now I just use digital outs from my ps3/360 for music and let my Pre do the DAC.

Assuming I go with the JC1's or just keep my rotel 1091's am I going to have a good enough front end for the 800D's?

If the room is too small do the 800D's become boomy?
My requirements for speakers have recently become great sound with awesome imaging but also aesthetically pleasing. So far I've seen a ton of high rated speakers but the looks have been my main issue. Mainly the looks become a requirement on if I can have them or not... Anything that you can recommend that cost less then used 802D/800D's and looks as good or better would be exactly what I'm looking for!