6922 tube rolling recommendations

I've been tube rolling tubes in my Bel Canto SEP-1 preamp.
I've gone from Sovteks to Jan NOS to Mullard(1970's version I think....$35/ea from Triode Elec) The Mullards sound much better...quieter background, better top end extension...it's really sparked my curiosity about trying other NOS tubes. I see VTS selling various Telefunken, Siemens, Amperex, and other older Mullards. Can anyone recommend a good step up from my current Mullard gold pins?
highdecibel

Showing 4 responses by leafs

Siemens E188cc 7308/Excellent choice.I used one in an Anthem CD-1.Best upgrade ever.Andy at VTS can help.You dont see tubes for sale on this site saying bought from VTS.That say's alot.
Am I alone or do others feel the same.
Longplate this fourum should not be used for you to promote and sell your products.
I blow VTS horn because I have countless emails from people thanking me for making them aware of his service.How much money do you have invested in tube testing gear and can you really tell the difference from a Mullard or a Brimar or a Tungsram.The only way to spot a noisy tube is to listen to it.What do you use to listen too and screen out bad tubes.
Everyone who has delt with him is happy and I dont find people who buy his tubes ever reselling them on this site.
The point is your post would carry more weight if you were not selling tubes.Conflict of interest.
I dont have a problem.I made a point that I felt he was using the forum to promote his bussiness.Thats not what this forum is about.As the smart bussiness person he is he invested time in you for future benifit thats ok.
But to use the forum to promote his bussiness.Lets let the memebers decide.
Giving and sharing advice amoung members is ok thats whats great about this site.When someone comes on and gives advice and then has the items he touts for sale thats not what this forum is about.
I dont see the likes of AlbertPorter and many other great advice givers selling or peddling the items and things they give info on.