6922 Amperex PQ White label... D or O-getter? Holland or Hicksville?

Much has been written about the Amperex 5922/6D8J/E88CC. What's the concensus about the top choice for the meatiest, richest midrange? 
pmboyd

Showing 5 responses by rodman99999

I have a pair of these:   https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tubes-amperex-7308-usn-cep-pq-matched-pair-test-nos-made-in-usa-gold-pin-2014-02-15-accessories-92821-brea-ca, from 1962 and '63(still identical construction), that are just sitting in a drawer.     You’re welcome to try them, no strings.    Just sanitize and UPS them back, after listening/auditioning.     PM me, if interested.
They do perform beautifully.    Just a little too warm, for my tastes.     To me; the grey shield, early '60's, Siemens CCa, is joy in my BAT VK-D5.
My Amperex USN-CEPs, have the large O getter.     Their midrange warmth is the singular reason, I’m not using them.     Everything else is presented, as realistically as my CCa’s.     That’s why I’ve had them in the drawer, all this time.     I thought at some point, my tastes might change(far as warming things up).
I should try to remember, when describing the sound/presentation of a component, to add, ".....in my system and listening room, to my ears."