$510.00 for an Aluminum cover for the ARC Ref. 10?

Wanted to replace the poly covers, but this is unbelievable!!!
128x128leog2015

Showing 3 responses by statman

My Ref5 SE is only a week old. I'm pretty sure I am not paying for a new lid! Squeaky wheel gets the grease, you remain passive and a Sheep, and they will run over you along with everyone else trying to make a dollar.

This is for Cleeds, you work for ARC? It is a flaw. If you bought a new roof for your residence and it bowed the first day of hot weather is that a flaw? Yes or no. Selective reading? My own unit sits on top of my audio rack, and it still bows.
Bdp24, That story brought back memories. I met Brooks Berdan (RIP) when he was in Pasadena working at Stereo shoppe that morphed into GNP setting up tables. I bought gear from him when he opened his store in Monrovia. While visiting him one day he offered me to take home a pair of BEL amps to audition. The amp was totally the opposite of what I expected to hear in my system. It had great separation, but NO dynamics. The one feature I did enjoy was it had tons of inner detail, front row midrange and highs. Brooks always had a slight bias against amps with deep powerful low end bass. I brought them back and ended up keeping my Mark Levinson 335. I will say he introduced me to Wilson Audio and changed from Martin Logan electrostatic speakers to Watt Puppy 7's. I understand why the BEL amps had a "cult" following. Not for me.
Great story! Small world, I'm sure we have met before if you frequented the area?