$500-600 Used Tuner

Like to get the current feelings of some of you here who know their tuners. I have a late-70's tuner that actually functions fairly well, but I find myself listening to FM jazz stations more and more and would like to take a step up without breaking the proverbial bank. Suggestions on the best value for a tuner around $500-600 USED.
4yanx

Showing 1 response by prlscs

I agree with Magnum Dynalab FT-101A. I owned one new then upgraded to MD-100. Huge improvement, but retails for $1,600. Older Kenwood tuners, especially the KT-7500 or KT-8300 rival the Magnum models. These 2 are always on eBay for $150-400. I've used a KT-7500 for many years in a secondary ststem. It plays FM perfectly, almost as good as the MD-100. The key to FM enjoyment is a quality antenna. I use the Magnum Dynalab ST-2 indoor/outdoor antenna. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and do not have any reception problems with any local stations. We are lucky to have 3 Public Radio stations. WQED, WDUQ, and WYEP. One is classical, one is jazz and one is free-form music.