$500 - $600.00 preowned cd player suggestions

I am looking to spend $500-600 on pre-owned cd player. Maybe Rega,CEC, Cambridge, Arcam etc. I am using Dynaudio Contour 1.3 and Classe' intergrated amp CAP100. Listen to jazz and light rock. Any and all thoughts welcome.
Thanks Rick
rickfariasjett

Showing 1 response by stereo

There are new NAD T585 universal players being sold for that price on Audiogon. It lists for $1200.00 new. I purchased one a month ago and still can't believe how great it sounds on redbook cd's. I've had a $4K transport and dac combo that didn't sound as good. It also plays DVD-A's and SACD's. It doesn't convert SACD's to pcm, which I read is desirable and only SACD players above the $1500.00 price point do this. I opened mine up and it has the same audio and video boards as the NAD M5 universal player that lists for $1800.00. A retailer is selling new M5's for $1299.00 and they state in their add "best player under $3K".
IMHO you may need to purchase the Cambridge 840c or Raysonic CD-128 to get better sound. Not sure though, I've never heard those players, but read the reviews, but no comparisons. More people, in your budget, need to listen to the T585. It is a steal at $600.00. No question in my mind!