40khz vs 120khz or 40 plus 120khz US cleaning?

Has anyone been able to actually get better results from 120khz? Does 40khz only miss anything? 

flemke

Showing 10 responses by flemke

I can give them a call. The spinner I use is set to the lowest speed which is about 8 minutes per revolution.

Thanks for the replies. I currently use a 40khz tank and run it for about 25 minute with 3 records. I then use my VPI 16.5 to vacuum off the records.. The results are very good. I am interested in purchasing a 120khz tank to run after the 40khz cleaning. This is the unit I am looking at.

I don't think it's ever been higher than 35c. I do at the most 20 records and stop. The process gets boring quickly. 

I have to wonder if this would be a worthwhile investment being that I already have a 40khz unit?

1) Clean LP on VPI 16.5 to get any major junk off.

2) Run 3 LP's at a time in Vevor 40khz tank with splash of 91% alcohol and small amount of Tritan x-100.

3) Rinse off on VPI and let air dry before placing back in sleeve.

The tank I use now:

Vevor PS-60A which is supposed to be 360w US,400w heater, and 15l.

If adding the 120khz cleaning after the 40khz would make much of a difference is my question? 

Thanks for the detailed response.

I have been using my VPI to do a 3 step cleaning with products from Audio Intelligent. The guy who originally started the company was Paul Frumkin and posted here on Audiogon.  Most of my records have been cleaned with that process. Have you compared the Alconox to enzymes? 

The US time I was doing did seem a bit long. I will drop if down to 15 and hold off on purchasing a new US machine.

I was using a capful of the Triton. 

The Audio Intelligent by itself does not work anywhere near as good as Audio Intelligent plus ultrasonic.

My VPI 16.5 gave out. I removed all the parts and made a new box out of 7 layer plywood. The old particle board started to disintegrate and it was leaking. I should be back up and running this weekend.