36v, 72v active filter on AudioQuest IC

Are they good and actually work, or this is a hype?
Want to hear from AQ's owners who have tried them with models without the battery.

Which model is their entry level with this "battery" application?

Did any1 upgrade from model with 36v to model that equip't 72v and hear imprvoment?

For some reasons, I see AQ is over rated. Fake ones (Hdmi from HongKong) are all over eBay....
128x128nasaman

Showing 1 response by nick778

In talking to an AQ rep once, I was told the maxium useful voltage is somewhere around 60v. Anything above 72v doesn't improve the sound.

The dbs packs do work to keep the IC run-in all the time so if you don't listen to you audio system often, the ICs are always ready and the dielectric doesn't have to re-form again. However if you listen to your system often, I'm not really sure if dbs makes a big difference or not. I used to own high end AQ but prefer the sound of unshield cables that reject RFI/EMI by there geometric design....at least in my system.

The 72v batteries are 12v each and there are 6 of them in each battery pack. They are not of the AA or AAA type of battery. They are about $4-$5 each but don't need replacing for quite a while since they don't carry a load.

Hope this helps.