320bee and NHT SB-3's

I have just purchased a 320bee and need to upgrade the speakers I'm using. I am currently leaning towards the SB-3's but I have some reservations after some of the things I've read. Will the 320bee be able to drive the SB-3's so I'm hearing all the speakers have to offer. The system will be located in a 14X17 room and I listen to all types of music. I've also been thinking about the PSB t55's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
lcarter12

Showing 1 response by bignerd100

I have sold many C320BEE/SB3 combos (magic $999 retail price). They work very well together. The NAD doesn't give out of juice on this relatively inefficent speaker.

Woodman's 1.5's (sweet speaker) are a more difficult load to drive. The 1.5's do sound wonderful with the C320BEE. Though i do have a small preferance for the 1.5's the SB3's are almost identical sonicly.

Should you ever decide you need a subwoofer the SB3's really do respond to 39hz which makes it much easier to incorporate a sub.

The SB3's have been discontinued recently but are still available. The replacement speaker is a three-way design. I have yet to hear the new one but have always liked two-way designs better than most three-way's. Grab the SB3's while you can.

The step up from the C320BEE really doesn't give you much more for $200 extra. Stick with the 320.

Good luck!