300B amp, Shearwaters, 508.24. Any reason why this wouldn't

sound great.???

I am concerned about the low wattage ( 24 wpc. ) of this amp I am looking at. The question I have for all you folks is: a.) Would this be enough power?, and b.)Is there any reason why this should not sound very musical?

Now please don't offer me alternatives, like saying, ie. "I think if you had "brand X" player your system would sound...... blah, blah, blah...

I guess this question would be of interest to those out there who either own, or have heard a good 300b amp driving a Meadowlark product and what you heard. I am in a 13x21' room, system is firing lengthwise, (set-up along shorter wall).... I listen to mostly light jazz, classical, the odd pop tune, volume levels always respectful of other memebers of the house ie. lower to medium-well :>)
thanks, Audioman
audiojudge

Showing 1 response by joeldoss

My son just built a pair of monoblock 300B SET amps, 9 wpc. He set them up in my system driving a pair of B&W Matrix 803s. My listening room is small, but the amps provided MORE than enough power to drive the speakers (90 dbl) to above my normal listening levels. The amps provided the beautiful richness that I had not heard through my SS amp (Plinius 8150). What is the sensitivity of the Meadowlark speakers you are considering? If they are 89 or above, the amps should be a good choice.
Joel