300B,811,211 SE triodes

Hi, the said tubes each have different sonic character. Read that 300B gives best vocals but lacks the bottom & top extensions. Not familiar with 811 or 211 except their higher power outputs. I intend to build a class A SE poweramp, preferably with single output tube. Speakers are Martin Logan Aerius of 89dB efficiency. Music preference is full range Jazz instruments & vocals. Please post your experience.
iceravendbd3

Showing 2 responses by iceravendbd3

Message to "Rec".... Thanks to all who share your real and extremely valuable experiences which could have cost me dearly to attempt!! BTW Rec, please tell me more about your speaker specs. It's interesting because you mention some loss in LF&HF extension even with a 50watter which is huge by SE measure. Could it be your output tranny acting up? I'm very glad to be in this fabulous forum, please keep posting :-)
Hi Rec, the Cary 805B is a real gem! It's got 300B in the driver stage !!..www.caryaudio.com/review6.html features it. For my project, I'd need 2x300B's in parallel and still be on the borderline.I don't favor using parallel o/p tubes anyway, so 300B as output tube is definitely out. I'll consider the 211 and treading carefully in selecting the o/p trans. Hi Johnson.... I agree with you to a certain point. Its true, the Aerius can take up to 200W. My music resides in a small room and my present 21 watter class A ss amp has no problem driving the Aerius as much as i want. I still hope to build the single tube 211 SET which is about 23 watts in pure class A1 mode, depending on the o/p trans matching properly. Gee sure appreciate all your opinions and info. on this forum :-)