3-D Imaging: How??

I'm finally satisfied with my current system, except for one thing: it is absolutely 2 dimensional except with a few discs in which you get a little depth. I have: Rega Planet, CJ PV11L, McCormack DNA.5, B&W Nautilus 805s. Interconnects are TARA Labs Master Gen 2, speaker cable is Audioquest SA-40 (hyper pure silver) on top, CV-4 on bottom(the CV-4 actually compares well to other cables I have tried) All equipment sits on marble slabs that are "tip-toed" to the concrete below my carpet. I'm using an Isobar Surge protector on the CD and Preamp, with a Sonic Horizons Daybreak power cord directly into the wall on the amp. The room is about 12" by 13", but I have a totally dedicated room with a good nearfield setup. Why is my sound 2-D?? Thanks guys!!
gthirteen

Showing 2 responses by joekras2785

As I have upgraded my system I noticed a lot of the better components push the image back "deeper". This seems to be desired by most listeners that post here and I am told is a more accurate reproduction of the recording venue. However the deeper the image the smaller it gets. This is natural, the further you sit from a performance, the smaller the image. Unfortunately, all the other dimensions suffer. Your components are of good quality. I have a feeling what you miss is the recreation of the performers in your room... like me. But then again... I can be wrong! I haven't heard too many systems that can image great. I heard the Virgo's with CJ's and they did a good job. And FYI I have old Spica's and they can do the image thing.(but are inferior in other ways). I have heard the B&W's many times and they "soundstage", but I never heard them throw an image.
As I have upgraded my system I noticed a lot of the better components push the image back "deeper". This seems to be desired by most listeners that post here and I am told is a more accurate reproduction of the recording venue. However the deeper the image the smaller it gets. This is natural, the further you sit from a performance, the smaller the image. Unfortunately, all the other dimensions suffer. Your components are of good quality. I have a feeling what you miss is the recreation of the performers in your room... like me. But then again... I can be wrong! I haven't heard too many systems that can image great. I heard the Virgo's with CJ's and they did a good job. And FYI I have old Spica's and they can do the image thing.(but are inferior in other ways). I have heard the B&W's many times and they "soundstage", but I never heard them throw an image.