$2500.00 to spend on int.amp and cd player

I have a budget of $2500.00 to spend on an intergrated amp and cd player.Leaning heavily on Rogue Cronus amp and NAD cd player.My speakers are Paradigm Monitor 7.Anybody have suggestions.
128x128tpreaves

Showing 1 response by johnnyb53

I think a good switching amp would make a good match with the Paradigms. I use an Onkyo A-9555 to drive my Mirage OMD-15s, which are also narrow ported tower floorstanders from Canada with multiple small diameter woofers. The switching amp provides excellent speed and clarity and brings out the low level detail in dynamic speakers such as these. The NuForce IA-7 v2 integrated lists at $1695 and should be a serious step up or two from my Onkyo (which is surprisingly good).

For CD player you might consider an Oppo DV-980H at $169 plus the best DAC you can afford with the money left over--perhaps a used Benchmark DAC-1. Otherwise, more and more high quality sub $1K DACs are hitting the market, such as the Cambridge DACMagic and the Musical Fidelity V-DAC.

Maybe you should just get a laptop, download iTunes, rip all your CDs using lossless compression, and play them through a USB DAC such as the HRT Music Streamer+.