2014 CES News: ARC Showcases New CD-6

Just read that ARC is showcasing a new digital player, the CD-6. If anyone gets a chance to visit the ARC room and catches the new CD-6, please share your thoughts and reactions. Also pricing. Thanks
bifwynne

Showing 6 responses by mitch4t

Bif, I Googled it and found out that it is all solid state and that it also can be used as a DAC. No word on pricing yet.

In a nod to the inevitability of the dominance of streaming music, it seems that going forward, all ARC CD players will be CD/DACs.
Bif, I had to chuckle at both of your above posts. I have the CD7 and I could have written your two posts verbatim. I love my CD7 and the Audio Research sound. I've been in a quandary as to whether to get a DAC8 or sell my CD7 to leverage one of the newer ARC models with the DAC included.

I want to give the high-resolution streaming format a shot and upgrade my internet radio, Pandora and Rhapsody listening experience.
My mistake.

Bif, it was not a review. They merely mentioned it being one of the components in one of the system showrooms. They did mention the price, which was what caught my eye.
I would not give up the tube front end of the CD8 for my CDs.

Djcxxx, I have a Ref3 CD7 combo, and I agree with the above.
Click the link below to see promo page by Audio Research for the new CD6.

[url]http://audiofast.pl/main.asp?idm=47&ids=184&idsu=1424&r=0&wersja=1[/url]