$2000.00 to spend on new speakers.

I’m wanting to upgrade from my Klipsch RP-600M bookshelves. Budget is $2000.00. Opinions would be appreciated. 
My system is as follows:
Pro-Ject RPM-10 Carbon
Nagaoka MP200
Parasound JC3+Denefrips Pontus II
Wilsenton R8
2x REL T5i
Sonore MicroRendu
MacMini running Roon server
128x128travisg

Showing 1 response by kingbr

I'll actually second @kcpellethead on the MA Silver 300's. I just picked these up a few weeks ago for a second 2 channel system. This was actually my first experience with MA. Yes, I bought them unheard trusting all the great reviews/press. They were all true. These speakers are magnificent! I had actually bought a pair of DALI Opticon 6 for this 2 channel system and although I thought they did a lot of things well I felt they lacked a bit of detail. So I returned them and gambled on the 300's. These have got to be one of the best allrounders I have heard especially in that price range. The best part was I got a nice discount on an open box pair. There is another available for $1650 (and this is the same place I have made many purchases-these guys are GREAT!).

Monitor Audio Silver 300 Floorstanding Speaker Open Box (Pair) — Safe and Sound HQ

for an additional $99 over your budget they also have a pair of the Silver 500's open box.

Good luck and don't settle plenty of great speakers out there in your price range. I would also highly recommend Dynaudio.