2 channel amp sound VS. HT amp sound

I am getting back in the game and interested in getting a mid-range amp to replace an old Marantz SR6200 possibly. Well, actually I am torn between getting a new HT amp that would make things easier with HDMI inputs and wouldn’t cut-out every few minutes with my current cable tv setup, or getting a dedicated 2-ch integrated amp. I listen to a lot of vinyl and current listen to everything source direct on my amp. I have an MMF-5.1 and a set of Mordaunt short MS-908 floor standing speakers with a matching center channel and some polk rears. Music is my primary concern so I was thinking of using the pre-amp outs to hook up a 2-channel amp so I could have both options but getting a new HT amp instead is appealing if I am not losing much in the sound quality of my music.

For 2-channel systems I was thinking of a Marantz PM 6006 or Cambridge Audio CXA60 (I like this because of the bluetooth option for streaming). In this case I could take advantage of FLAC files (I dont have many but could grow this collection) with the built in DAC"s. Although the Marantz has a phono stage, so i could do away with my NAD pre-amp.

if I went with HT amp I was thinking of an SR5011 because I like the streaming options and easy remote app. My main concern is if I go source direct with this amp, will it sound as good as an integrated 2-ch amp around the same price level? I mainly use a fire box for entertainment and although I have a blueray player I rarely use it except for cd’s. Vinyl and spotify are my main music sources but I have considered going the FLAC/DAC route as well.

I know it’s apples to oranges comparisons, but if anyone has debated this before I’d love to hear your input.

Thanks

blindside07
I will likely merge the systems when I move.  I am unsure of the age of the pm8003, but the CA cxa60 is new.
A used Marantz PM8004 with HT bypass may be the best option. It's $600, but I would still need a DAC so I have to decide if it's a better option than the Cambridge Audio for me
Yes, I saw the ad for the 8003 and based on sellers description did have HT bypass. If budget is tight I would go for it. Should match well with your Marantz AVR and will provide you with both worlds. Should prove to be a nice amp for the money and will get you through your move and beyond.