~$1k Monitors...So Many Choices...

I've got my short list down to Triangle Titus, Dynaudio Audience 40 or 50, Acoustic Energy AE1, Soliloquy 5.0, and Dunlavy SC-I. I now have a pair of AE Aegis 1 and I want to really improve the sound; not just a small step up. Let me know what you think about these speakers and if I've missed anything from my short list. Thanks.
mailman199

Showing 3 responses by mailman199

How do you think your suggestions compare to the Dunlavy SC-I's? They are the only reference I have in the price range. I don't think it would be fair to compair the Triangles, ACI, JMR, etc. to the Aegis.
Yes the reviews at audioreview are helpful, but only to a point. The reviews tend to be very subjective and many times written by HT users. Also I have found that the crowd here is much more discerning than the stereoreview crowd. Don't get me wrong I love stereoreview; I just prefer this site and AA for personal advice.
I have an AR Complete amp and I just got a Sim Audio I-5080(not heard yet but am leaning towrd it as the ARC is too laidback for me), so it will be one of the two. For CDP I have a Rotel 971 and I have a Magnum FT-11 tuner. I use AP Oval 12 Speaker cable and AudioQuest Topaz interconnects. My room is aobut 16'x15' and I listen to jazz, classical, and some rock. I had the Dunlavy SC-I speakers before and was very impressed. I really desire detail and the ability of the speakers to disappear; I can live without the lowest bass. Thanks.