120V or 240V

Hi everyone! I am ordering Symphonic Line monoblocs from Germany and am debating whether to have them run on 120 or 240V. I have a dedicated 240V line already installed in my listening room that I use with an Equi=Tech power conditioner that converts 240 into 120 (I used this when I lived in Europe a couple of years back).

Any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages of running amps on 120 vs 240V would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!
drv

Showing 1 response by kurt_tank

Whether they will work better one way or the other is something I can not address. (The obvious answer to that is to ask the manufacturer if one way or the other is better.)

However, if you are bringing this to the USA, then the resale value of a 240V unit will probably be less here in the states, because most people do not have 240V outlets in their stereo rooms.
(I certainly don't.)
So, if you want to sell it for top dollar, you would probably have to sell it to someone in a country that has 240V, which means shipping out of the USA. (I don't know about you, but that is something I don't like to do).

Something to think about.
Good Luck with your decision!