110v vintage receiver to 230v US to France step up transformer

Hello everyone.

I have a Marantz 2325 receiver (110v AC), which I am transporting to France.

I understand I will need a step up/down transformer to regulate the 230v local AC, and knowing nothing about these, I am hoping the experts out there can offer some advice / recommendations for a good quality transformer, as there is a wide range it seems.

Obviously I do not want anything that damages the receiver / speakers, or anything that is going to cause audio interference.

Thanks in advance!

roddo69

Showing 2 responses by roddo69

Hi Fiesta and mgattmch

Fortunately my PC PSU and monitor are both 110 - 240V, my TV MIGHT be ok, still checking it out, and that's all my electronics really.

Being risk adverse, I think I'd rather give the receiver its own dedicated transformer, then possibly complicate things by having a transformer supply more then one device, especially I might get away with only needing the one.

The issue for me is that there is inexpensive and expensive transformers, and I sure they massively fluctuate in quality. I want to make sure my receiver and speakers are supplied with correct consistent power.

Thanks for your replies.
" My personal suggestion is about double the power consumption of the receiver, which is 550 watts at 110-120vac, I believe."

How to best calculate watts?

My receiver is a very solid 125w, powering 2X 4 ohm AR10 speakers.

Is it better to overpower watts, or match as closely as possible to max requirement?