Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
I'm actually not a fan of the adversarial direction this is going. Not that I'm opposed to comparisons, and I have definitely contributed my own observations. I guess I just don't like the idea of the manufacturers getting into a verbal arms race. Does that kind of controversy help either/any of them?
Since Audiogon is an audiophile’s forum I don’t intend to get involved in using it as a conversational tool with other manufacturers.

I also can only speak of what I know, which is Zu, not the products of other manufacturers. If there was an implication in my post that another manufacturer’s loudspeaker produces more distortion than ours, that certainly wasn’t intentional – does it really come across in that way? (I don’t think it does).

The idea of a golden-eared reviewer being enticed to do any one-on-one shoot-out is fanciful and pointless – what matters is what customers think, not reviewers. Last time I checked, reviewers had a pulse, which is to say they’re human and possessed of the same subjective sensibilities as the rest of us – so just because a reviewer might like something doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t, and vice versa.

We don’t design our loudspeakers to look good in measurement tests – we design them to sound great playing music. More than a few times I’ve come across people who say that a fantastic live gig is nothing to do with measurements and all to do with dynamics. That sense of ‘live’ is what we strive to achieve with Zu – more than enough people think we do it very well and that makes us happy, because they’re happy.

We offer a 60 day money-back trial for anyone wanting to hear Zu in their own home, playing their music. If they love it, great, if they don’t, that’s fine. What matters is, they’ve tried us out.

That’s the only shoot-out that matters.

Sincerely

Simon
Well, I for one think Zu is just fantastic, being on
my personal 3rd pair I cannot say I have ever been
happier with a single company's speaker. Right now
I am listening to Cassandra Wilson from another room
at pretty loud volume, and it sounds like she is really
in there, just awesome. And that's on 15 minute new
speaker cables! I found the right match there synergy
wise for sure.

Having said that, I have a semi local guy above in this thread who wants to bring over a Pair of the Tekton Lores
so we can hear both. And, I am contemplating a purchase
of one of Tektons speakers for the heck of it, although
at this point...I really don't see the point as my feeling
is they will be more alike than not. But who knows, we'll
see what the Lores do if we get together.

To be fair though, I have the Omen Defs, which were a huge
jump from my standard Omens, so I'm sure certain areas
of comparison would not be fair. Lores should go
head to head probably with the standard Omens.

Long live Zu and Tekton!!
Quick query: Anyone tried the Lores from a 4 feet listening distance? Wondering how they will do at a nearfield listening distance.

Thanks,
UL