Zu Dirty Weekend 6 went on sale today

The good folks at Zu certainly know a thing or two about creating hype around new products. The Dirty Weekend 6 went on sale this morning. It was positioned as a first come first served release with a November delivery. I bought a pair with the "supreme" upgrade. A little risky buying without hearing them first, but I figure I can probably unload them if they're not to my liking, since they'll probably sell out. Any thoughts on these or Zu in general for that matter ..

128x128davidrolon

Added one more tweak to the system…I finally broke down and bought a pair of Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 speaker cables. Thus far I’ve just used cheap cables with non locking bananas. Looking forward to see if they make any difference. At the very least I I’m looking forward to my cables staying in the posts without working their way out. 

I am sending the Arcam SA20 back and am going to try a Cambridge Audio CXA61. I’m looking for an affordable integrated I can live with. It’s a tough act considering I’ve been driving these with way more expensive separates. I’m bored with them though and am looking forward to the next big purchase. Thinking on maybe a Dac3 ABH2 combo or an integrated from LTA. Maybe Pass or First Watt.  Decisions decisions. 

Hey bourbonkernel,

I would highly suggest you check out the Simaudio Moon ACE or the 340i.

Regards,

Tim

@beetlebum 

I’ve seen this brand recommended before. The ACE looks like a pretty awesome feature packed Integrated.  Will def add those suggestions to the list to think about/trial. I would like to move away from tubes if I can find something I like…

Zu was kind enough via an email to state the differences between Zu Omen Mk II vs DW6.

"The overall sound with the Superfly edition compared to your friends Omen Mk.II will be similar.  You will have a bit more extension and fuller bottom end with the DW6"

Sounds like the DW6 is the perfect Omen speaker. 

Heading out tomorrow at 7AM. Keep the fire burning in here!