YBA Passion vs YBA integre dt integrated????

I'm considering a new amp to push my JM Lab Micro Utopias. I heard YBA matches very well with JM Lab product. I heard at CES the demo of their new Utopia's was done with the Passion integrated amp. This speaks alot to their confidence in this product. Is it worth the difference in price or is the smaller integrated adequate? How do the YBA integrateds compare to the Plinius 8200 integrated?
sea2
Thanks for the lead-in, Arthur. Yes, I own the Passion and I have owned the original Integre. Apples and organges here, but YOU may be very happy with the DT. The Passion is magificient. Read my review, and you'll get the scooop. We are talking about a very significant difference in price, as well as a significant difference in sound. This integrated will go tete a tete with all the big boys and hold it's own easily. I, before, I purchased the Passsion listen to many integrateds. I never had a hard time choosing the Passion. This amp has the best SS has to offer, plus a little tubiness, that is devine. You can email me with any pariculars. You won't regret a Passion purchase, and if your pocket book is a little light; the DT model won't leave you disappointed. Just make sure you compare the DT to appropriate models. Up against the Passion, it will get it's ass kicked, but up against its' competition, it should do the ass kicking. Hope this helps you a little. Seems like you have a very high class problem there.... happy hunting. warren
I personally wouldn't recommend YBA and JMLAB. I have own both. I still own the YBA and got much better results with ProAc and Meadowlark. So if I were you...I would advise you try before you buy in YOUR SYSTEM and ROOM. I don't agree with the JMLAB/YBA marriage. It sounded good the first 5 minutes at the store but after that...ouch! I would go with a nice integrated TUBE amp,some neutral to warm cables and take care of those reflections in your room. Just my opinion...Good Luck
WOW, I personally couldn't have possibly had a more opposite experience with the YBA and JMlab combo than Aniwolfe. Everyone hears this stuff different than everyone else and I totally respect the fact that this setup didn't work out for him. Thats why I always recomend trying to hear it for yourself, because you never really know how it will sound to YOU.

Aniwolfe, I am a little curious however as to exactly which JMlab speakers you had and which YBA setup you had as well. Again, no disrespect, I'm just curious.
That's the first I've heard of a spat with a YBA/JMLab marraige. No first hand experiences, for me, but loads of feedback from others. Sea2, of course, your listening experience is going to be what counts, so; count on it.
Brandon_My system consisted of JMLAB COBALT 810's,Audio Refinement Complete Amp and YBA CD3,Vandersteen 2wq,Cardas Cross Speaker Cable,Magnan VI interconnects,RGPC, various Harmonic Tech and YBA powercords.I also have extensive experieince with the Electra 915's w/YBA preamp,McCormack amp.Theta DAC,Cal Delta trans etc. My dealer that I go to carries the JMLAB/YBA line. In a nutshell. I find the YBA a little too lean(tight)on bass and detailed for the JMLAB. JMLAB's are in my opinon,thin sounding and on the bright side of neutral. That tweeter calls it's attention too much. Ask Sam Tellig if he thinks maybe the UNICO int. tube/hybrid amp would be a good match with the JMLAB Micro. He gave it a rave review from what I hear and at $1300...dirt cheap compared to the PASSION.