Yamaha NS 5000 w/ NAD M33

Currently driving my brand new Yamaha NS 5000's with my new NAD M33. (and they sound relatively well paired!)

I am considering adding an NAD M23 (200w) and bridging it with the M33 (200w) 

*but concerned it may be destructive to my new LS 5000's, (nominal 200w; max 600w)

Curious as to other more experienced users/dealers thoughts. Thank you.

128x128adamaxel

I’ve owned the NS-5000s for about a year now and have tried them with the Yamaha A-S3000 and now my current amp, the Mola Mola Kula.  As you’ve observed, they definitely like power to help with dynamics and bass control.  I’m not familiar with the NADs, but if you like the general sound profile, then bridging may make a lot of sense by giving you the added headroom.  

There’s a lot I love about the Kula, but I was still wanting more dynamic range.  Given my room constraints, monoblocking wasn’t an option and I really needed an all-in-one unit like the Kula.  I recently added a sub, however, which significantly helped the lower frequencies (obviously), to the point where I no longer feel wanting for greater immediacy/speed.  Depending on your setup and room, that may be an easier solution for you.

These Class D purifi amps are not terrible. 

*Down the line, I will certainly upgrade to something more suitable.

@oczed  I appreciate the response. I love Mola Mola's, but I can see how the Kula, at 150w, might leave you in the same position. 

Very curious about bridging the NAD M33 with M23. (It would provide 700w to my power hungry NS-5000's)

@oczed do you think that's too much? (700w)

I can’t really say as I’m not familiar with the NAD, but it should give you more than enough headroom.  But as I mentioned with the Kula, adding a sub was sufficient for me in lieu of adding more watts.  

If you’re still focused on improving the amp, I’d probably explore going with a higher end power amp altogether.  The Yamaha M-5000 would be the logical place to start.