XLO, Cardas vs Tara Labs, MIT: which ones?

I am looking to improve my system by replacing my Tara Lab Decade IC, looking for getting increase speed, presence and "air". I am considering XLO Unlimited / Signature 5.1 and Cardas Golden Cross Reference. I am also questionning whether I should also replace my MIT cable..

Has anybody compare those cables? Any suggestions?

My listening tastes privilege the musical balance, speed and "air", as well as the tone harmony, rather than hearing every single tiny details... In a nutshell, music that lives and breaths! I am listening mainly jazz, blues and (baroque)classical music.
System / Cables [in the same order: Source to Speakers]
LINN Ikemi + CHORD DAC64 + Spectral DMC30 + Linn Klimax 500 + Maggie 3.6
HT Cyber Platinum + Tara Decade + MIT-Spectral ULII-350CVT + XLO Signature 5.1
yhupe
both jayctoy & bluswan are correct with their assement of the mentioned cables.

most interconnects fall in the 2 camps:
1. warm / bloom / body ( ie. cardas )
2. fast/ imaging / revealing (ie. xlo)

despite many different opinions- there is connection between price and performance .

interconnects do make a big diference and combining different interconnects is not a bad idea.

interconnects matching is system dependant. the question is where do you want to take your system ?

i use xlo signiture II (revealing,incredbile bass and imaging) between my pre and amp.
good deals can be found...fatwyre has the xlo signiture II ( discolored seconds) for $295 meter vs $600. it is a pretty incredible cable that is transparent, neutral, fast and it clicks in my system.

between the cd to pre - i was using tara decade till i picked up a marantz sacd 8260. the decade was not a good fit, i needed something more revealing. the coinceident worked really nicely here. i am going to try another piece of xlo or maybe wireworld silver eclipse.

if you are looking to warm up your sound, cardas is a good choice. this is a warm cable however it doesnt have image specificity and the newer ones have a midbass bump. the tara decade is similar to the cards but images better imo. they are a slower, warmer cable with bloom.

transparent cables are a little pulled backed on top ( the plus, super, ultra) and is a very coherant ( pretty amazing cable in that regard)

BTW, the coincident is a nice cable also- very neutral with a little pulled back on the top.

i would try to expereiment with as many cables you can get your hands on and in different combinations. you might be surprised.

hope that helps !!

mike
No one can give you a correct answer. All depends on synergy of your wires with the components.

I would get Solid Core or Ribbon designs though.

I use an Excellent Solid Core design throughout my system which I plan on marketing.

Good Luck!
I've used many ICs including Tara Labs master G2/Decade/The One,Cardas Golden Reference,VDH Silver 65G, Siltech FTM-3 G3. Now I'm setteled on XLO Unlimited Edition accompanying with XLO Signature2 PCs for Sony SCD-777ES and Supratek Syrah. What I can say is that the higher tiers of XLO sound like high quality analog. Very balanced, natural, musical. Never lack of dynamic and detail. In my humble audio set, which consists of Apogee Stage/Mentmore M-200/Sony 777 /Syrah, XLO are much better than the ICs I tried before(only The One can peer but with different taste). Now I want know how much better the XLO LE is.