WLM Diva Monitor -- Personal Experience?

I am considering purchasing the WLM Diva Monitors, but unfortunately there are no distributors in New York City. (i) Has anyone purchased them, and if so, what are your thoughts? (ii) Does anyone in the New York Area own them? I would love to be able to demo them.
northern3light
Thanks for the input, Karel. I see that you have a few systems :). This would be my only system. Think I'd find the monitors lacking, so that I would go for a floor standing pair?
Hi, I have not been able to hear the floorstander in my own system. Nevertheless, my recollection under different circumstances is that the overall characteristics of both models are very much the same, which is probably not a surprise given they have the same coaxial drivers configuration. The "gospel" would suggest that the floor ported design and additional air in the floorstander deliver deeper bass, the larger cabinet on the other hand may store more energy leading to a less fast reponse. I can can put your mind at rest as to both. With the Diva Control unit you can achieve a similar frequency response with the monitor (btw if necessary you can also use the Diva Control with the floorstander). The floorstander IS a fast speaker as well, IF it is less so than the monitor, then I have not been able to distinguish it when I heard it.
Bottom line: if your room is fairly large, go for the floorstanders, they will deliver deeper F3 without need for the Control unit, thus retaining the entire glorious 97dB. Otherwise, I don't think you will find the monitor lacking but you will probably want to use the Diva Control and that will lower the available sensitivity of the speakers. In both cases, you will have a fast (but not nervous), neutral (yes, the Control unit will explicitly not change that) and extremely musical (buzzword, but the best to describe the essence of the sound) performance.
Sounds lovely. I've pretty much set my mind to the Diva Monitors now. In Tineo :)

I see that you have the stand sold by WLM. Any thought as between the various options? They have 4, randing from ~$450 - ~$900 (give or take, depending on what the exchange rate currently is).

That's a minor detail, though. More on my mind is what amp. I'm thinking of the Luxman 550A-II. Part of me fancies a tube integrated, but the controls/optionality on the Luxman draw me in, particularly since I'll generally be listening at moderate volumes.
Northern3light,

I have the WLM Divas (floor standers) and power them with a Cary 120S tube amp and the results are a fast, crisp sound that is absolutely stunning. The 97db efficiency really mates well with the tube amp.
No experience with different stands. Mine are the Diva Stand 1 Exclusives that are pictured with different spikes on the website. I advice to fill them with sand (3/4 up only, I had a definite feeling the sound became sluggish when filled entirely).

As to the amp, I happen to be an “old” Luxman fan myself (the L-410 was a long time companion) and without having heard any combination with WLM speakers, I guess they should match wonderfully (audition if you can, if it were only for the fun of having the Lux a few days in your system). Apart from the tone controls, you may find the integrated phono pre a real treat. Then again, I have to echo Markus’s words, the Divas love tubes. Remember also they come with treble control and then there is the optional Diva Control for the bass. Sorry for adding more complexity to the overall equation there!