Wilson Sofia 2 vs marten dajango L

I have narrowed my selection to the two speakers Wilson Sofia 2 vs marten django.  I currently run all mcintosh mc 500 amps and I also need a speaker where I can match with a center speaker . I haven't heard any Martens speakers so how will they compare to the wilsons ? My room is 14 x 20 stereo/home theater room....I listen from acoustic rock to Pearl Jam mostly from my VPI turntable ....any input would help before I pull the trigger budget around 5k give or take .....thank you
Ag insider logo xs@2xjhjf123456
I am staying with all McIntosh ...what speakers do you feel are a good match with the MC501s ....any suggestions ?
You should treat them as you would a good tube amp, as the output transformers are the limiting factor to how nastier load they can handle.

I would say look for speakers that don’t dip below 4ohms and have less than -30 phase angle with that 4ohm frequency.

As in the Martins case above at 65hz a combination of 5ohms with -45 degree phase angle could represent an EPDR load to the amp of around 2ohms. And 65hz is the power area needed for bass.

EPDR= equivalent peak dissipation resistance
Wilson Alexia’s have an EPDR at 65hz of .9ohm!!!!!!!! Notice the simiarlity with the Danjo graph at 65hz?
http://www.stereophile.com/images/1213Walexfig01.jpg

Cheers George
George wow  thank you I am selling my Tyler acoustic linbrook one piece I wonder if they were even a good match 
Tyler Acoustic Linbrook
Can’t find anything in the way of impedance vs -phase angle graphs on these, so I can’t even comment.

Cheers George
The low end on the Django L's is absolutely fantastic......in a 20x16 room, it was plenty and the Django XL's would have overpowered it.....of course your taste in music might affect that judgement......I am just not inclined toward the bass heavy at all......