Wilson Maxx 2 vs Sonus Faber Stradivari

I listened to the Maxx and SF Elipsa before, but not to the SF Strad. However competition for the Maxx is probably the Strad and definitely not Elipsa. What I like about Sonus Faber design is the soulfulness. The Strad also has 4-ohm impedance with 92 dB sensitivity, meaning no need to replace my Pass XA60.5 which I very and very much enjoy. Does anybody have comment on those 2 speakers as to price to performance advantage? Secondly would it be too much to drive pretty Strad with the more gentle side of amplification such as Pass Labs design and Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cable.
spatine
Hi...just an update on my own Strads and my question above about switching cables. I switched out my Mullard 7308 tube for an Amperex 7308 (US, gold pins)...that kept all the musicality of my Mullard and added "a light" to the voices and upper registers which is exactly what I was looking for. So (for now) I am done. Thanks for the advice.
spatine,

I have listened to Maxx 3 driven by CJ tube equipment and the Maxx's sounded unbelievable. The CJ's were not delivering 400w so I do not get why the dealer made that statement. I have w/p 8 driven by Ayre mx-r and they sound great and I think mx-r has more power than the CJ's that were driving the Maxx 3. I think the mx-r would drive the Maxx 3 just fine.

I think there are probably a number of Maxx 3 owners who would question the need for 400w+ to drive them.
Bjbcab, I tend to agree with you. It's a bit too edgy to hear that a top of the line Ayre amplifier, which is highly regarded, couldn't drive practically anything. Besides, the Maxx 3 and gigs I heard at that dealer sounds worse than his Sasha, and definitely fell well behind the Maxx 2/BAT I heard elsewhere. The whole thing does not make any sense. Since I own Pass equipment I also called Pass Labs directly. This "Q" woofer design from Wilson Audio, whatever that means, just gives out more distinctive bass at higher power input. Pass believe either an XA100.5 or perhaps the XA160.5 would drive Maxx 3 just fine. Everything thus far seems to jive with what you said.

I would still hope to hear more information regarding the Snell Illusion if possible. Hardly any individual knows about it. Stereophile was the only major reviewer with comments about it. Spending that kind of money on a fairly unknown piece despite how wonderful it may sound to me the 1st time is rather risky. I only know that Snell used to be hot a few decades ago, then they went silent.