Who Was Your Favorite One Hit Wonder

What was your favorite one hit wonder song, and who performed it? You can name one or a few.

I loved (and still do) "Voices Carry" performed by Till Tuesday.

C'mon. Put on your thinking caps.
128x128buscis2
Vortex: Your first post was LOADED with good tunes. Having said that, i've got to call you on Thin Lizzy. What about "Jailbreak"??? : )

You're listing of the Easybeats made me think of the band that they became later in life i.e. Flash and the Pan. Remember "Hey, St Peter" ???

The songs i listed in my first post weren't necessarily anything that i would want to listen to ( so i "cheated" too ), but just songs that popped into my mind. Some were quite bad and it's a shame that we remember those sometimes more than the good ones : )

As far as Buscis' question about the Cowsills, weren't they the band that originally performed the song "Hair"??? By the way, this is a GREAT thread and some of the listings have really brought back some memories / great tunes.

Ohlala: Frankie? How about "Two Tribes" and "Relax". No K-Tel's for you : )

Anybody up for some "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone Loc ??? : ) Sean
>

PS... For some reason, i keep thinking that Norman Greenbaum did both Spirit in the Sky and Eve of Destruction. Without this thread, i wouldn't be giving Barry McGuire the credit he deserves : )

PS... Not only do The Dickies do a jammin version of the Banana Splits theme as mentioned above, they do Eve of Destruction in "hyper-drive". You should hear them do the theme song to the kiddie "robot" show called "Gigantor" too. Those guys know how to have fun. Oh, to be young again.... : )
Sean,

I am glad that you liked my list. Not only are these songs some of my favorite one hit wonder tunes, but they are also some of my favorite songs ever recorded.

As for Thin Lizzy, I hesitated putting them on the list. I knew someone was going to call me on this. :) Technically, they were a one hit wonder, since "The Boys are Back in Town" was their only Top 40 hit. "Jailbreak" was a great song, but it never charted on the Billboard Top 40.

Many of the songs referenced in this thread are not by one hit wonders at all. The Yardbirds, for example, had 6 Top 40 hits with "For Your Love," "Heart Full of Soul," "I'm A Man," "Shapes of Things," "Over Under Sideways Down," and "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago."

I loved "Funky Cold Medina." Tone Loc, however, had an even bigger hit with "Wild Thing" (also a very decent song).

I liked your original list, too, for you mentioned some really great songs. I always liked "Fire," "Amie," "War," and "Jackie Blue" among others on your list. Believe it or not Pure Prairie League had four Top 40 hits including "Let Me Love You Tonight" which charted much higher than "Amie." Edwin Starr also had four Top 40 hits. Do you remember "Twenty-Five Miles?" Even the Ozark Mountain Daredevils had a hit before "Jackie Blue" with "If You Want to Get to Heaven."

I definitely remember Flash and the Pan. Did you know that their guitarist George Young was the older brother of AC/DC's Angus and Malcolm Young?

I knew my knowledge of obscure songs and music trivia would come in handy some day! So, Sean, am I requalified for the K-Tel record collection?
Im not too crazy about the hit,but TT was one of the most under rated bands in rock.
The hit was ok, but the rest of there albums were excellent.( I havent listened in 20 yrs)

I can hear the influence of their sound upon REM and Counting Crows.
Neither of whom can equal TT, IMO.