White Noise?

I am reunning a Classe' Ten ss amp with a Cary SLP-74 tube preamp thru a pair of Legacy Protege speakers. I recently moved my system to another wall in my den. The accoustics are actually better now, but I have acquired a "white noise" sound. Any suggestions? Thanks
128x128durr3
Thanks, Marco. The noise is there when the preamp is on but it quites down when I switch the preamp to standby. I replaced the tube preamp with my Classe Four ss preamp and the white noise is even louder with this set up. I use a Panamax line conditioner, too. It is not so annoying to everyone else, but it is to me. You are right the new position makes everything sound more magnified.
-Durr
I'm not positive, but I think the "standby" in your Cary may be the same as a "Mute" which means no signal at all is passing out of the pre to the amps. Puzzling though about the Classe SS preamp making the same noise as that eliminates a tube or tubes as the culprit. When you say "White Noise" are you talking about a hissing or 'rushing' sound, or a humming sound? I assumed it to be more a hissing/rushing sound. If it is a hum that may be as simple as a ground loop problem, where you could try floating the ground on the AC connection(s) using a cheater plug (3 prongs go in, 2 prongs come out).

Marco
Marco, the sound is more like hissing/rushing than a humming. The standby on my Cary cuts out the white noise, but the tubes are still glowing. So it must be a warmup/standby feature. Thanks for taking the time to help. -Durr