Which speaker? paradigm s2 vs totem rainmaker

Cambridge audio 840A intergrated and CA 840c
I need to know which is preffered by most people
listen to rock/jazz/pop. basically everything.
profrancis
Amen, Tobias. That said, my experience with other Paradigm and Totem models is much the same, too. Paradigm tends to have an "exciting" initial sound, with lots of detail, but that's the sort of thing that tires me out quickly with rock and jazz. Totems have plenty of detail, but it's in perspective relative to the lushness of the midrange, and the overall sound is one that to me would be more engaging and plain enjoyable over time: the Totem Model One is on my personal wish list for those reasons. Just my tastes...
I've see n a website where the guy has pre-assembled systems and a lot of them are Cambridge/Totem pairings. It's www.archiveaudio.biz. He's here local to me, (Columbus, Oh) and I plan on looking him up when I get some cash together. He apparently likes those together, maybe you can give him a call about the pairings.
If you haven't heard the Paradigm Signature series you really haven't any idea how good a speaker they are, head and heals over anything else in their lineup.

I have S2s and I think they're amazingly good and just purchased the S4s. For a change of pace I'm listening to my original Celestion SL600s right now. If I want a British sound I much prefer them to the Totems.
The paradigm signatures are incredible. I cant believe they are not more popular on audiogon. They are in another league from the studio line. The s2's with a sub is all the speaker you will ever need.