Which Solid State Amplifier is Making you Happy?

I'm trying to find a new amplifier to replace a Musical Fidelity A3CR. There are lots of candidates: Rowland 501s, Pass Labs 350.5, Levinson 431/432, H2O, etc. What are people using and what has been a good sonic investment? I'm currently driving B&W N803s, so it's a pretty normal load. My MF amp does not offer enough punch or bass control. It flattens out at higher volumes. I'll spend what it takes, new or used. Less than $8K would be nice. All comments welcome.
Peter
pscialli
Rowland Model 10. I actually prefer the sound of this to the newer designs, just a little bit. The Model 10 is out of production, yet it is not that old. So it presents an opportunity to find one in the used market without a lot of mileage on it.
I have been using tube based pre amps and power amps for almost 20 years. That being said, I just bought a pair of Apogee Stage speakers and quickly realized my current (excuse the pun) amp was not going to fit the bill for powering these current hungry speakers. My last SS amp was a 1988 Krell KSA 100 MKII so I thought I would again try one of those amps for these Apogee speakers seeing that this was the amp of choice back then for the Apogee speakers. To my surprise this Combination is a lot of fun. The impact, dynamics, detail, base does put a smile on my face when listening to this system. I don’t think I will be selling my tube-based system anytime soon, however, I now see why there are ss lovers. I never could see why anyone could/would like ss sound, but now I can at least appreciate the virtues of ss amps. The Krell KSA series were real brute amps and can now be bought pretty inexpensively. Good luck with your search......Bob
Krell FPB400cx makes my Thiel CS6s very very happy, they sing softly and sweetly when asked to do so and will rock the house when gently coaxed with good material and a twist of the volume knob.