Which Solid State Amplifier is Making you Happy?

I'm trying to find a new amplifier to replace a Musical Fidelity A3CR. There are lots of candidates: Rowland 501s, Pass Labs 350.5, Levinson 431/432, H2O, etc. What are people using and what has been a good sonic investment? I'm currently driving B&W N803s, so it's a pretty normal load. My MF amp does not offer enough punch or bass control. It flattens out at higher volumes. I'll spend what it takes, new or used. Less than $8K would be nice. All comments welcome.
Peter
pscialli
Danielk and others,
I've done some reading and taken a step in the right direction by ordering a Hydra 4 which should be here in the next few days. Maybe that will get me on the road to better amplification.
The question I want to throw out there now is the converse of the original: What amps, in the supposedly hi-end class are to be avoided like the plague?

Peter
Step into the future...how about a 1000-watt ICE module digital amp? See JJAZ preview and H2O Audio reviews on 6moons.com. He says they're terrific....
I never heard of a 1000W per channel H2O power amp. Is there a new model I do not know about?
No, not 1000 watts, but they will drive anything to any volume.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/h2o/m250.html