Which preamp Dodd or Cary slp-98L

Would like some feedback on which preamp would best suite my McCormack DNA-500 SS amp. Source is Audio Aero Capitole MKII and speakers Usher Be-10 with Focal Utopia sub. I have a Melos SHA-1 and would like to upgrade.
bernal737
Never heard the Dodd, but am no fan of the 6922 tube. The Cary is a superb preamp for the money; be sure to hear the F1 version (direct coupled with oil caps), it's more extended and has superior bass compared to the basic '98.
Cary SLP-98L...works very well with my vintage pair mcintosh mc-225....SLP-98 with 2 out puts....cheers!
Cary sounds dark, slow and anemic next to Dodd.
If you compared Dodd to lets say Supratek or Modright, it would be a lot more interesting then Cary. What qualities are you looking for? Your system and preferances would help others help you.

Cheers

Mariusz
Thanks Mrjstark, like I mentioned I have a McCormack DNA-500 powering the Usher Be-10s and a Focal Utopia subwoofer.
My source is the Audio Aero Capitole MkII and I think it is terrific. I listen to mostly smooth jazz. Just purchased a couple of XRCD with bossa nova and it sounds great. I have an old Melos which replaced a Bel Canto pre2. I really injoyed the tubes in the preamp and figured on a better pre.
I saw a Joules 150 on audiogon, don't have a fortune to spend, still paying the Ushers and trying to modify the living room for better sound.