Which monitor speakers are the most detailed...

and musical? I'm looking to start a second system and have read many threads regarding monitors such as ACI Jaguar, Merlin TSM, Totem Tabu and Dynaudio 1.3SE. Unfortunately, I live in an area where I can't audition any of the aforementioned. Any input would be greatly appreciated. My second system consists of Sim I-5 integrated, Cary CD-306-200, Silver Audio interconnects, Silver Audio Power Burst powerchords and Symphony 32 speaker cables.
shanej
You want detailed and musical? If by that you want both of opposing poles, it will never exactly happen, there is always a balance.
With the Sim integrated, make sure the speaker is not too tightly damped, or else the sound will lack bass and be somewhat boring (though accurate and detailed). By boring I just mean that out of a pair of minimonitors you will start to feel cheated on bass if the sound is too dry. Speakers are voiced more or less tightly damped in the bass, depending on the designer's choice and use of amp, etc.
I think the Merlins are better suited to tubes, though the TSM-M does come with an alternate "wiring harness" supposedly better suited to solid state.
Both the Totems and Dynaudio might be better suited to a solid state situation, both like current and will play loudly and coherently given lots of power.
Ultimately the weak link in your system will be the preamp section in the Sim integrated, which has a way of choking out whatever music the CD player is giving you. Your source is ok as CD goes and the speakers will be fine, but the Sim amp ultimately sounds a little dark in my opinion, like it lacks dynamics. Or at least is not a good match for the lack of dynamics typically (non)-residing in CDs.
I hope I'm not getting over the line in commenting on an aspect of the system you did not ask about.
I have not heard the ACIs.
Good luck, please keep us posted!
Tom