which el 84 amp or integrated

i am running klipsch chorus 1s and 2s and am looking for a great musical el 84 amp.i have had a glow one a loved the sound but not enough power for me.....i am on the fence wondering which to purchase next........sophia baby,jolida 501,fx10,mesa tigress,music reference rm10 mk 2,manley stingray,mahi's,vtl tiny triodes,etc. also interested in 2a3's,300b'set,wellborn vrds.........i know this is a big list but if anyone has been down this road and can save me some time and money it would be very much appeciated......i will be listening nearfield so i do not need a whole lot of power,at least 10 watts.i have a md fi pre ss pre which is soon to be replace with a tube pre.thankyou for any input..........
neptunebchdawg
This thread got me thinking about EL84 again, and inspired me to buy the Music Reference RM10 MKII, again. Certainly a contender for best low watt- if you consider 35 watts low - (non SET) amp in the world.
Pubu157...i have read all the rags about that amp of yours (MR RM10 II)and would you describe it as to the warm side of neutral and any thoughts on that amp? That one will be my next foray into the el 84 but for now i am happy and so is my wallet....thanks
With standard tubes I would say is neutral. With tube rolling that might be altered, or with a warm preamp (I use a Joule LA150 MKII SE which warmish). As the 6moons review says, it is not honey colored.
I now use the RM10 with the Lightspeed Attenuator for volume control, the amp is clearly in the neutral side of things, would not describe it as warm - very fast, resolved and articulate. Fairly powerful for two tubes per side (35 watts). The combo, which is <$2,500 at MSRP is as good as $20,000 combos (CAT, ARC, Joule, LAMM) I have tried with my Merlin VSMs, the only thing I like better is the Atma-sphere/Atma-sphere combo; but I'm not making the mistake of selling my RM10s again:)