Which amp and CDP for around $1200?

I'm looking to get a dedicated CDP (preferably new) with either an integrated amp or a power amp/passive pre-amp combo (used would be fine). In total, I'm hoping to not spend much more than $1200.

I'd be most grateful for any advice or experience about what components would work well together. Especially with the latter amp option a careful matching of components is vital. (For the CDP, I'm thinking of Arcam CD73, in part because of a local dealer who's OK with home demoing and who would probably sell me one for around $600.) Thanks!
magical_noise
You might investigate the Roksan Kandy MkIII integrated. Very well reviewed by the British press and one of the most versital amps out there. Headphone out, phono preamp and two preamp outs as well as remote control.
i dont have much to say for amp,but as far as cd go for Arcam cd92 if you can find one.They are outstanding.Very very good sound.
Funny coincidence, Coffeey: I'd already found a good deal on the Arcam 92 with very few hours on it. It arrived yesterday and I'm still just feeling it out, but I notice great improvement in all respects. Makes me a happy camper. The next stage is to start thinking about the amp upgrade; if I wait for a few months, I think can get into something in the $800-$1,000 range. More research to be done. Thanks for everyone's advice.