Where s the bass?

My system - Sony CD player, Pass Labs X0 preamp & X600 amps, Thiel 7.2 and Transparent Reference cables. I believe the sound is open, transparent, and dynamics. However I just wish I could put an emphasis on the bottom end. Tone controls are not available on high quality Class A preamps, such as the X0. While I understand that adding one more component in the signal paths is not desirable as it will further degrade the sound, I would like to hear your opinions on the best way to boost the bottom end. Thank you.
tai
Try the Mcintosh bass eq - it is only 75-99 from Audioclassics so if you do not like it than it is not a bad resale - it will do the job for you - you decide if it degrades or not. So will the Legacy Steradian used with the Whisper - it has balanced ins and outs - handles a room bass problem. An electronic crossover will also do the job - like the Bryston 10B. Good luck - if you get one just do not tell any audiophile if you know what I mean - a lot have bought things like this when I was in the business but did not want anyone to know.
Tai, something is wrong here. You claim to have gotten great bass driving Thiel 7.2's with a 60 watt BAT tube amp whilw getting little bass with Pass X600's? I think not! How did you drive the Thiels, which have only 86db sensitivity with the 60 watt tube amp? Something is not kosher here.
Liguy - I don't play loud and 60 watts is enough power for typical music listening level - and that's what I used to compare BAT vs PASS; not to play as loud as each amps can play, but play them at comfortable level.

Briweve - perhaps you're right on your post that amplifiers from Krell and other brands (BAT in my experience) are tuned to deliver more energy to improve the bottom end. We will never find out the true. It's a fact that certain brands sound warmer than other. It could be that Pass is more neutral than Krell and BAT. I hate to think that Pass lacks the power at the bottom end.

Sean - I don't have any room acoustics treatment - just typical dry-walls and tile floor. Do I need sound absorber? What kind? I guess there are different kinds to either absorb low or high frequency. I don't want my room to look like an acoustics chamber.
Tai- As mentioned, speaker placement, listening position, and room treatments are all necessary areas to consider with your current problem. Having owned them at one time, might I suggest that you try other cables as well. This is not a jab at Transparent, just that I too felt a similar lack of weight with the Trans Reference. They are, as the name implies, very transparent and articulate, but I found them to be tonally shifted upward, lacking the foundation in the mid to lower bass in my system (Spectral, at that time). If you want cables with networks, check out the top products from MIT. Otherwise, try some other cables, including power cords. Good luck.
Tai: Those are some speakers. There's an article by Thiel about placement:

http://www.thielaudio.com/THIEL_Web/Pages/faqplacement.html

But before you go buying sub woofers what about some treatment? Some form of weight on the top of the speaker? Can you put some cushions behind your head where the tweeter and mid pass by? If you have a tile floor try a couple of cushions on the floor at the mirror point with the tweeter. I just think with those kind of speakers you should just try a little treatment.
Regards,